Auto repairs are can be both costly and unavoidable. When the time comes that your vehicle needs service, you need to bring it to an auto repair shop in Baltimore, MD that’s reliable and trustworthy. After all, you spend a good amount of time in your car, you need to make sure whoever keeps it running keeps it running right!
Below are some tips to help you choose an auto repair shop that you can rely on. It makes getting your car repaired that much easier when you know exactly where to take it!
7 Tips for Choosing the Right Auto Repair Shop
1. Ask friends and family for their recommendations. After all, it’s often their opinions that you value most, and unless asked directly, most people won’t offer their advice on their favorite shop or mechanic, it’s just not the most interesting topic!
2. Choose an auto repair shop before major repairs are needed. It’s a lot easier to choose a shop without the pressure of needing immediate repairs. It also gives you time to better weigh your options.
3. Pick a shop that employs ASE Certified Technicians. ASE Certified Technicians are mechanics who have gone through rigorous training and testing to be experts in their automotive fields. You can trust they will take good care of your automobile.
4. Make sure the auto shop your choose works on your make and model of vehicle. Some repair shops are specialized, so be sure that the shop you choose has mechanics that are certified to work on your type of vehicle.
5. See if the shop has transportation options available. In the case that a major repair arises, can the shop give you a lift back home or to the office? Many auto repair shops will accommodate your transportation needs (within reason), so be sure to call and ask if a free local shuttle service or loaner cars are available.
6. Make sure the shop will honor your vehicle’s warranty. Most independent auto repair shops will honor vehicle warranties, but it’s too important of a topic not to ask directly.
7. Ensure the shop guarantees their services. Nowadays, you should never choose a shop that does not stand behind the car repair or maintenance services they provide. Ask about the warranty options the shop provides.
At AutoStream Car Care Center, we understand that vehicle repairs can be costly, and we’re here to help. Whether you call us at the time that your vehicle is in need of service, or to simply gather information on what our auto repair shop in Baltimore has to offer, we’re here and happy to help answer your questions!