February is the month we celebrate the love we have for those closest to us. Don’t forget about the one thing that has always been there when you needed it the most: your car! Your car is more than an object, it’s an extension of yourself. That’s why you need to show it love not just in February, but everyday.
Here are 12 ways to show love to your car all year long!
- Keep up with your recommended maintenance schedule. Need to schedule an appointment?
- Park in the shade to avoid the harsh sunlight that can damage your car’s paint and cause unsightly marks and peeling paint.
- Hand-wash your car regularly to help protect the paint from the elements. Avoid using hard brushes, instead, invest in soft materials like chamois.
- Get windshield cracks and chips repaired or replaced to protect the structural integrity of your windshield.
- Rotate your tires regularly to help them wear evenly.
- Keep your battery terminals clean and free of acid build up by inspecting and removing corrosion.
- Replace your windshield wipers every year or so to make sure they’re in good working order when you need them.
- Don’t overfill your gas tank when filling up. This could cause unnecessary pressure on your fuel lines and lead to expensive damage.
- Avoid tapping the curb when parking, this can actually cause damage to your transmission.
- Always use your parking brake when parking. This helps keep the strain off of your transmission when your car is parked.
- Make sure you come to a complete stop when shifting from reverse to drive.
- Save your transmission and your gas by avoiding taking off quickly at the green light.
As always, if you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact our ASE trained teams at one of our five AutoStream Car Care centers serving Baltimore, Clarksburg, Columbia, Ellicott City, and Woodstock. We’re ready to get you and your vehicle back on the road!